Sunday, July 17, 2011

You Mean You Weren't Abducted by Aliens??

The title pretty much says it all.  No, I wasn't abducted, though that would have been a sweet excuse.  Nope, it's just been plain old day-to-day disasters which have kept me from updating like I should.  If I went down the list of everything, you'd run away screaming in the other direction.  Seriously.

So summer is here, and the family is on a...I don't want to call it diet, but more "proper eating habits".  I've actually lost more weight than I anticipated, plus feel lots healthier than I have in the past few months (one of those disasters I was speaking of).  The big payoff for it isn't just that I'm not so ill anymore, but my kids are also paying lots more attention to what they're putting in their mouths.  Huzzah!  My sweets addicted son started putting scoops of ice cream back.  My food loving daughter has been chomping down on more veggies than crackers.  Not surprisingly, it seems like their brains are just a little quicker, a little clearer, than they have been.  Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I'll be able to keep up when we start school again.  Speaking of which...

I agreed to teach a Creative Writing class for our homeschool group.  I've been asked before, but was reluctant since this past school year was our first in the group.  This time around I really had no reasons not to, and plenty of kids who were interested.  I'm excited, but nervous, too.  I know how to teach my own kids, which can be nerve racking upon occasion, but other kids?  Yeah, that's nerve racking on a whole other level.

Now, on a completely different note, I've had some people ask me to start posting a few of my recipes.  Be warned, I am nowhere near a master chef, but I've figured out a few tricks to hiding good stuff in yummy food, plus I've learned how to stretch a penny until it cries.  I'll post some recipes periodically; I'll be sure to put up family favorites first.

I think that covers about everything to this point.  Well, about everything, other than another apology for the long lapse in posting.  Fingers crossed life has calmed down enough now for me to be able to hop on at least once a week.  Twice if something interesting happens!  Have a great week, all, and let me know if there's any particular food you'd like a recipe for.

No comments:

Post a Comment